I can not believe the insane drivers out on the road today! people don’t know how to merge, people who think they don’t need to check the intersection before turning, people who don’t check for pedestrians crossing walkways before turning, people who think they own the road and those who are just wreckless on motorcycles doing stunts on the road. I can’t count on one hand the number of near misses I have seen just today! And, on my daily commute into work, it’s amazing the merge chaos that can occur. Truly, are all these drivers first-time drivers on these routes? Or is it that they drive it so much they are scared of it, or maybe overly confident? whatever it is, people need to stop and think before they maneuver. Some of these stupid moves have causeed slowdowns, traffic jams, annoyed other drivers and probably been reason for many of the accidents in this area. I’d like to blame the Californians, ha ha, but I’m sure it’s not all their fault. Seriously, people need to review the basic guidelines for driving:
- Slow down! And, speed up! Speed limit signs are posted.
- Learn to merge! Know the lanes that yield, and don’t be an ass if someone is trying to yield and it’s tough traffic.
- Check the intersection before entering the intersection.
- Pay attention to the road!
- And, unless you have a death wish, refrain from doing pop wheelies on the freeway during rush hour traffic.
Really folks, for everyone’s safety, Drive Smart!
And, as an aside, thanks to the drivers that were attentive to to the cyclists on the road this weekend. I’m sure you’ll have no idea that I am saying thanks, but it doesn’t hurt to send out a bit of good karma.
This entry was typed using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.